I need a Content Management System that meets certain requirements for an RPG project. I can’t find one that has everything I need or even one that has almost everything I need and I can wedge in some other components to cover the rest. So much to my chagrin it looks like I am going to have spend a whole lot of time writing a CMS when I really don’t want to. Just for the hope that someone might be aware of something here are the requirements.Absolutely Positively Must Have
- Linux / Apache / MySQL 4.1+ / PHP 4.3+ Based
- Search engine friendly URLs – URL rewriting if needed – inline links must have friendly URLs as well – no overtly dynamic URLs with querystrings and the like.
- Must have a category/tagging system similar to wordpress, must support sub-categories.
- Blog / News – A multi user blog is preferable to a news system and must work with categories/tags in a technorati friendly way.
- RSS – Must support all major feed types, RSS/Atom etc.
- User registration system – a simple user registration system that doesn’t require much to get started.
- Articles – Managed article system which must also work with categories/tags.
- Downloads – Managed download system which must also work with categories.
- Must be able to run multiples sites (Site A, Site B, Site C) but only utilize a single user base.
- Must also be templated using XHTML and CSS – should not use tables for layout.
- Built in wiki and/or MediaWiki integration including users.
- A simple online store what again works with categories/tags
- Modular – must be able to add additional features/extensions in a modular fashion
Nice to have – not required
- Ajax functionality
I know it’s a tall order but that’s what I need (in brief.) If anyone knows of any CMS that comes even close to this please let me know. If it’s open source I’d be willing to diverge a new system from the old.